View Single Post
Old
01-27-2007, 09:36 AM
squilber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
As per spectorshockey.net

Basically the article is saying Zherdev has fell out of favor with Hitchcock. Nikolai is struggling under his system. The article says the CBJ asking price may be too steep.

My opinion: This guy is around 21 years of age, in fact I think he's younger than that, he is an absolutely phenominal talent. I dont care what it takes, you go get this kid. Not only will it give the Rangers much more skill and scoring, but he gives them more youth in the lineup. Right we have no one in the lineup under 22 years of age. Actually I take that back because we just called up a few young guys, but still those guys are no Zherdev, they dont have sure-fire offensive skill he has. To be honest I'm not overly impressed with who's in the draft this year and we haven't been able to draft top notch fowards the past 5 years even though our 1st rounders are strong they dont possess the potential Zherdev does. I say we go and we do what it takes to get him. Now I'm not saying give up Dubinsky, Korpedo, and Montoya for this guy because I like those guys, they have potential. I would start by offering Montoya because he is still a very hot commodity and then I'd go from there. Maybe even include Prucha. I'd even go far enough to say if it comes to the point where we'd have to send there way Montoya, Prucha, say two more prospects, and a draft pick, we should try and get Fedorov in the deal to completely satisfy our secondary offensive problems on the 2nd line and have real guys to play with Shanny, especially a former teammate.
Way too much dude. This guy is no superstar. We've already been burned on potential. I can just see Pavel Brendl 2.

squilber is offline   Reply With Quote