View Single Post
01-15-2014, 01:32 PM
vCash: 500
Thanks for all of the advice! Very helpful!

I went to an adult public skate this morning and noticed a dude who was a very smooth skater. Turned out that he had been skating since he was 11 and taught hockey part-time.

I asked him to critique my crossovers(I can sort of crossover going to the right) and he noticed that my back(right) skate dipped too much when i crossed(something I also felt and noticed).

He told me that my ankles weren't quite strong enough to support my full weight and that my skate didn't support my ankles enough. He told me to use my upper lace holes and tighten my skates a bit more(he said that as I improve I should loosen a bit in order for my foot to be freer to move around but that for now i needed the extra ankle support) and also to do ankle strengthening exercises off the ice.

I automatically noticed improvement in my ankle support when I did what he advised.

Anyways, my question is, what are some off-ice ankle strengthening exercises I can do from home? The dude advised doing toe lifts while doing presses in the gym but I'm not much for the gym and I don't have a membership...

ThisisBen is offline   Reply With Quote