View Single Post
Old
01-29-2004, 01:52 PM
kolanos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake3648
Jillson has fallen prey to higher priced over aged veterans and coach favorite from Providence (Morrison) Suter loved this kid when in SJ, B's would move him if a second line scorer could be provided....not sure what you guys have to offer in that regard but the B's are now very top heavy on the back line and something has to give.....insiders tell me that when Jilson was first moved to the B's, the B's had great interest in local product Drury and when O'Connell and Suter chatted, the first name up from suter was Jillson....obviously no deal came about but i think the interest is still there....what do ya think?
From what I remember out of SJ, Sutter wasn't the biggest fan of Jillson. Didn't like his mental mistakes and was unable to develop any confidence in his abilities. In any event, the Flames don't really need a guy like Jillson -- not to say they would refuse it if the offer was right, but there is no need for him at all.

As for Drury -- if I were the Flames, I'd take what they got for Drury over Jillson alone any day of the week. But that's just me.