View Single Post
Old
01-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
If Forsberg was on a bad Rangers team (which still might happen.) wouldn't we be posting trade rumors asking for the moon?

If 11 other teams "kicked the tires" for Forsberg wouldn't that mean there is a market for the guy?

I don't think these trade proposals are that out of the ordinary "value" wise...However I wouldn't pay that for Forsberg....The thing is another team (in better playoff postion) is going too..
Every time I find myself agreeing with you--and it's happened alot this season--it still unsettles me?

Value-wise, I don't see Philly getting the moon for Forsberg unless it's to a contender who can sacrifice the youth for a Cup (Detroit comes to mind). I just don't see a team like the Rangers, who may be looking for an extra push just to get them into the post-season, emptying their pockets for this guy. As usual with fan proposals, only one side of the trade table is examined. How does a 35 year old player, who is constantly injured, help this team. I know it's Peter-effin'-Forsberg, but acquiring him at the cost suggested by a Flyers fan, isn't really constructive. We're trying to build a solid foundation, not a house of cards. With Forberg you'll have an electrifying player for oh....15 games (give or take) and then we can watch him re-sign with Philly the following year alongside Monty, Cally, possibly Sanguinetti. Not thanks. The only thing I'd be happy giving Philly is Jessimen OR Falardeau and possibly a 2nd rounder. Whether or not that's realistic, doesn't matter.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote