View Single Post
Old
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Visnovsky is not in either class? Clearly, you don't watch any of these three, and are making an ill-informed. Visnovsky is a SOLID two way defender who is an excellent skater and is not afraid to play physically. While he doesn't match up well against the bigger power forwards, he plays them well, and effectively. He's nearly impossible to beat one on one, and is one of the best power play qb's in the league. Visnovsky was also almost a point per game defender last year on a crappy team. He's damn well close to being an elite defender.

As for Phaneuf, I understand how much you love him, I do as well. But let's be real here. You're saying that I'm "stretching" by comparing Bouwmeester to Phaneuf - not even a small stretch - but... you'll go and compare Phaneuf to Lidstrom, Niedermayer, and Pronger??? You're out of your mind. Phaneuf has the potential to do that, as does Bouwmeester. But let's face it... they're not there yet. Bouwmeester has more than lived up to the hype on a mediocre team in Florida.

I love Phaneuf, I agree with you as to where he'll be in a couple of years, but Bouwmeester will be right there with him.
Well we are going to have to agree to disagree. I had season tickets in LA for 6 years and watch about half of the KIngs games on Center Ice since I moved to Minneapolis so I've seen Visnoivsky play and improve quite a bit through the years. That said, I don't consider him to be one of the Top 7-10 defensemen in the league. I do see Phaneuf all the time -- last night I in MSP, I was sitting next to a former college coach and we agreed that Phaneuf is the closest thing we've seen to a Dennis Potvin type player in many years. And while I like Jay-Bo, I just don't think he is a cornerstone player. He may become one but I'm just not sold.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote