Old
01-27-2007, 05:26 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I can guarantee it.

I apologize for that little outburst, it just kind of pissed me off that someone who doesn't know my feelings on the subject (despite my extensive posting on this forum) would call me out for a post made in jest.

You guys have to understand how ridiculous it's getting on our board with the proposals. I was just running with the common thought that it will take a prospect and a 1st round pick to get Forsberg (some Rangers fans have proposed Montoya and a 1st themselves), and then I added in one of my favourite hockey players in the world for fun. It hurts me everyday knowing that Cally will be/is wearing the red, white and blue when his junior team's (the team I support) biggest rival was the Kitchener Rangers who wear the same jersey as your Rangers.

Sanguinetti is another favourite of mine. I am a big OHL fan so I see these guys a lot. It's why I call it a 'homer proposal' because I'm not really serious, you always want your favourite players playing for your favourite team.
Sangs is great, he's got 20 goals this season already. That's insane. He leads all defenders in goals in the OHL, and just got selected along with two of my other favorite prospects Tommy Pyatt and Marc Staal for the OHL All-Star game. It really is great to see that we have prospects that are doing this well after all of those years of drafting debacles.

I'd just like to know if I'm the only one who thinks that Callahan has an outside shot of being a 30 goal second liner... I mean after seeing him score 52 for Guelph last year - I know, overage year - and then with the way he's been playing in Hartford this year - on pace to score 40-50 goals - could this guy be a legitimate scoring threat at the NHL level? If so, he would be going a long, long, way from when he was drafted in terms of offensive output.

Really, I hope this team rebuilds so we can add more prospects like these guys. This team needs a cornerstone center at the least. I'm not saying necessarily a franchise guy, but someone who will put up solid 1st line numbers, and a guy like John Tavares would be nice...

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote