View Single Post
01-16-2014, 02:42 AM
Rebuild? Refresh?
vCash: 500
Today was the second game we played at a new rink after switching. New rink is much bigger than the rink we had played at for 3 years. Our first game was rough, just not used to the extra space and softer ice.

We went down 0-3 in the first but never quite felt out of it. The overall play was better but still not as much of a team game. We talked a lot about just winning the next period and taking it from there. Got to be 1-4 and then we flipped the script and started putting actual plays together and slowing it down. Ended up winning 5-4 on a PP goal with a minute left.

I usually jump between defense and forward depending on who shows up. Wing is probably my best position but I play an offensive d role well when my head is on straight. I ended up a -2 but was on the ice for the final PP goal and several chances. One minus was an absolute snipe and another was a breakdown in coverage. A third goal was me assuming I had help from a forward and pressures a guy at the offensive blue line only to discover a forward didn't cover for our other d guy. Lots to learn from which is good.

Definitely played conservative defensively and have more spots to use my speed to jump into plays offensively. I also need to pick my head up and look for those shot pass lanes offensively.