Thread: Confirmed with Link: NSH/EDM Hendricks for Dubnyk
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2014, 01:47 AM
McFuhryous

vCash: 50
Hey Preds fans...I see many of you are rejoicing about losing Hendricks, just like many of us are rejoicing about losing Dubnyk. It was no secret Mactavish neverhad any intentions of keeping him beyond this year as he was after Schneider at the draft, Anti Raanta and was rumored to be in on Bernier. For those who think Poile fleeced Mactavish, Mactavish was goalie hunting all summer and this may have shot Dubnyk's confidence all to hell going into the season, but instead of embracing the challenge and proving himself, he got worse. Maybe a small part of it had a bit to do with the new 26" goalie stick rule, but many other tall goalies like Lehner and Bishop adjusted just fine. Factoring in they signed Dubnyk's off-season training buddy in Labarbera to back him up, this was viewed as a backup signing who would not push for Dubnky's starting job. Funny how he started playing a bit better once Labarbera was dumped and Bryzgalov was brought in, which coincides with what another Oilers fan said on your board earlier. Despite his save percentage last year, I never thought he was very good...for such a tall guy, he plays goalie like he's 5'3 and gives up a lot of bad goals. I watch almost every Oilers game and I can really only recall one or two games where he outright stole the game for the Oilers. There is no doubt in my mind the Oilers would have and should have had between 5-10 more wins earlier this season if not for some weak goaltending from Dubnyk. He may turn it around for you guys working under your goalie coach and behind a much better d-corp, we will find out in short order.

I wouldn't say this is a fleecing on the Preds part or the Oilers part...we are just happy we found someone to take Dubnyk. In my opinion, this boils down to a good, old fashioned hockey trade as both players fill a much needed role on their new teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Can't be more deflating than some of the goals our goalie Hutton has let in. If so, then we have some serious problems...lol. Hendrick is a decent grinder and plays decent defensively. If offense or a playmaker is what you need though, which is what we need then he wouldn't be your guy. If you just need a guy that is a hard worker and grinder, then he might be your man.
Remember that soft, 10 mile an hour floating "dump in" Legwand shot from centre ice during one of the Predator's home games last season that somehow went in? That was against the Oilers and it was on Dubnyk.

McFuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote