View Single Post
Old
01-27-2007, 06:09 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Regardless of his style, Ola, it's hard to argue with a .936 save percentage and 2 SOs over the last 10 games...
Those are very good figures. Doubtlessly. But in reality it is the AHL you are referring to. Henrik L is currently tied in the NHL in 13th place this year for wins and rising in the ranks of both GAA & Save %.

With such a lousy defense (to say the least - one of the worst in the NHL this year) in front of him this year. And a 3rd & 4th line only scoring 16 goals in 48 games (horrendous stats actually) and a defense with the lowest scoring of any defense in the league - especially on the PP: This is one way of not winning games.

OK - I agree he has let in too many soft goals this year and has not consistently been the clutch player he was last year. Sophomore blues or whatever?

But in 2007 his numbers (Gaa & save %) are actually very good and to compare his stats now to an AHL:er that has not been up in the big leagues as of yet is unfair in respect to both parties. Only the future will be the true revealation - but I believe he can be starting in 15 years with success if things are in order (Rick DiPetro - .,..)

Letīs just hope that his motivation last year (as it seems all Swedish players felt) was winning the Olympics - which they succeded in - and that this year he is focusing on being a factor in the playoff instead. Which I hope and believe he will be able to achieve along with some good managerial moves, coaching and luck.

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote