View Single Post
Old
01-16-2014, 03:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Flyers stay away from now on?
Well all three came overseas to play in Goldobin's & Barbashev's cases they were here last year as well so it looks like they're committed.

Scherbak had pretty similar path Valentine Zykov from last year, unknown Russian import not on anybody's radar who went to a small CHL franchise & started lighting it up.

Goldobin's is one of Igor Larinov's clients, Larinov's basically been plucking kids out of Russian & setting them up here in NA whether it be the CHL or USHL even sometimes in leagues for 14/15 year olds in Canada or the US. Sarina out of the OHL the team he plays for has been a big recipient of Larinov's Russians (Yakupov & Galchenyuk were his too).

Barbashev was one of the top kids in the Russian system over there & while he went to one of the bigger teams in the Q in Moncton he could have stayed in Russia & probably would have been playing in the KHL this year. He's close friends with Vladmir Trachev (kid who dangled Morin in the Super Series) & got him to come over to Moncton as well over the Christmas break.

I wouldn't be too concerned if I was the Flyers, these kids seem to be pretty solid in their commitment towards the NHL & NA for now but who knows things can change over the years. Personally I wouldn't shy away from the kids who at least come over here to play but I would be a little hesitant of the kids still playing over there unless they're slam dunk prospects.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 01-16-2014 at 06:17 PM.