View Single Post
Old
01-16-2014, 03:50 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
^^^ Since when did skate boots have "holes drilled into them"? Even if there are holes drilled into them with the amount of synthetics used in their manufacturing processes its not they they breathe much at all either.... Regardless, I'll be interested in learning how these socks are received by the players, whether or not they are practicable, and I should say that yes, I love the concept but Im highly skeptical of their performance qualities in that they could create another set of problems in that they dont breathe, tiring players faster, causing sizing problems with skates as excessive moisture will build in the boot holes or no holes.

Also, Im moving this thread to The Rink, as its more an equipment & developmental issue with no real Business of Hockey relevancy. But a very interesting topic none the less, so thank you Lady Stanley... we can carry on over here.
They've been drilling vent holes in outsoles for a long time and they do work.

The Kevlar or cut-resistant sock concept is a solidly proven product. Bauer, Reebok and other smaller firms make them as part of their main product lines.

Your concern about fit isn't as drastic as you may think. These types of socks are only marginally thicker than other thin hockey type socks.

They are also not as stuffy and uncomfortable as you may think; materials are modern.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote