View Single Post
Old
01-27-2007, 10:51 PM
NYR fan 2

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Looking at the stop gap players on the roster, J Ward, Hossa, Hall, Krog how much better would the team be with Dawes, Immonen, Dubinski, Callahan & Korpedo being recalled and those guys 86'd.

I Am perfectly comfortable with leaving them alone in Hartford, specially the last 3 for the year. But I would like to see what they can do at the NHL level just to get a understanding of where they each are in their development.
I agree for the most part, except I don't see Hossa as a stop gap. I think he can develop into an effective guy to shut down the opposing teams top line (ala Pandolfo) although obviously not as good as Pandolfo is at it. But yea, Immonen can't do any worse than Krog and Dawes can't do any worse than Hall. If Renney rolls all 4 lines like he did today (every player played at least 10 minutes today) then I think that would help the team as well as develop the young guns. Like you said, I would leave Korpedo and Dubinski down in Hartford for the remainder of the year at least so they could get some more confidence as well as top-line minutes. Callahan on the other hand could go either way, he seems to be dominating the AHL but I think him finishing out the year there would be fine.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote