View Single Post
Old
01-28-2007, 08:05 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I'm probably the one Rangers fan that's pissed about what he said to the media about the power play problems. Yes, I understand he answered a direct question(s) but he shouldn't have answered the question the way he did. If you read between the lines he took a shot at both Jagr and Renney. This is Jagrs team and it didn't need Shanahans leadership....They need him to score goals...
In theory, this is Jagr's team, but I think that Shanny has been the team's spiritual leader and someone that a good amount of players (and press) turn to first in the lockerroom. Maybe it is just me, but I think that some of the whispers about discontent in the lockerroom stem from this. I think that there could be a North American/Euro divide whereas the nationalities are viewing two seperate people as the leaders. IMO, this team most certainly DOES need whatever intangibles that Shanny brings to the table.
Quote:
Take the name off the Jersey and we have a guy that hasn't produced in almost 2 months. Would he helped by second line center? Yup....but a second line center isn't just needed for Shanny...It's needed to balance the ENTIRE team. To take pressure off the Captain that leads on the scoresheet game after game...
You cannot discount Renney's culpability in all this. He stupidly played an older player FAR more than was necessary or what he was used to. That and the fact that he sends him onto the ice with players who should not be in that spot are two major factors in Shanny's decline.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote