View Single Post
Old
01-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It is impossible to ignore how much Renney is responsible for driving Shanny into the ground when discussing Shanny's scoring woes. I truly think that Shanny has very little left in the tank already and Renney's misuse of him is laregly responsible for that.
Yes its defenitly very possible...

Last season Carolina played Rod Brind'Amour an avg of 24:18 in the regular season. He lasted a entire PO.

I don't really see him looking worn out on the ice. One problem is though that Shanahan are forced to concentrate so much on defensive aspects, espcecially when playing with Cullen, which makes it hard for him to last 60 minutes. Though the option Renney have to correct that is playing him with Betts and Cullen, and how good that is can be questioned...

I personally think the only diffrence between Shanahan now and early in the year is that teams have started to read him better on the PP, he are getting much less pointblank shots. If Jagr can get his shooting back to were it where last season Shanahan will get more ice to work on.

Though again, I am not seeing Shanahan looking worn out like Jagr can do at times after all the focus he gets from the D on the other team.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote