View Single Post
Old
01-28-2007, 12:32 PM
nyr7andcounting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
He's not a franchise goaltender yet, hasn't played a game in the NHL.

A future franchise goaltender?

I most definitely agree with you on that, and what we should trade him for if or when we do so.

You have to build from the net out to build a cup winner... I think we should hold onto him for now and let him get some NHL experience, showcasing him before we deal him.

Besides... Henrik's only in his 2nd year, and it's been rocky at times for him. Let's be completely sure that he's the real deal before we move Al. Al is a GREAT fallback option in net.
I mean to say there's a good chance he'll be one of the top 10 players at his position when he's in his prime. Of course he's not a franchise player yet. But the problem is I don't see him getting much NHL time with us, and if we hang on to him for too long than his value may decline.

The most he's going to play next year is 25-30 games as an NHL backup, and that's only if they decide to bring him up rather than go with a veteran backup. They might think it's better to let him play 60 games in Hartford.

The point is he's probably never going to be our starter. And it doesn't make sense to keep such a valuable player if he's never going to play. He's going to be moved at some point, so we might as well do it when his value is at it's highest.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote