View Single Post
Old
01-29-2004, 06:29 PM
punchy1

vCash: 500
He is also doing very well this entire season with his plus minus. He is a +8 (or was a game or last time I looked) or close to it and is scoring some solid points. I believe he has something like 5 goals 11 assists for 16 points 43 games this year. Not bad all things considered. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary to see him put up another 5 goals and 10 assists throughout the rest of the season for a total of 10 goals and 21 assists going 31 points for the season with an average of +10 or close by. If Grebeshkov came up and posted them numbers his rookie year I would be very happy about it.

Corvo, if we like it or not, is a very nice young two way defencemen and if he can play this way will have some serious value if we were to offer him up. Have a poke around espn stats on scoring defencemen. Corvo is doing pretty well.

For example, Tomas Kaberle has 16 points and is a +11 having played about the same amount of games and is his teams number one go to guy on the point.

Second year phenom Jay Boumiester has 16 points and is a -6 averaging more than 24 mins a game and also is his teams number one option on the PP and the rest.

People think the world in general of Malakhov in NY and his 16 points in 49 games has him at -1 and he too is and has been one of the Rags top options.

Staios/Havelid(-16)/Boynton and other young highly thought of defencemen that have the same amount of points as Corvo are all well thought of around the league and would draw allot of interest (varying) in a trade. Like I said, I think that where some might not like who Corvo is, it is hard to deny that he is having a very good year and is a solid young offencive minded defencemen when compared to his peers.