View Single Post
Old
01-17-2014, 10:35 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

vCash: 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
The players don't deserve a pass. A lot of sportswriters had this team competing for a playoff spot and on paper the team looked half decent...I think the coach and GM bought the hype as well. What troubles me is the lack of character and effort put forth game in game out now that they are out of the playoffs. Hendricks came in and played hard last night but I doubt he will do it again after half the team mailed it in. The players have given up and that is on them. Don't get me wrong it is also on the coach and GM as well, I just don't think the players are giving 100% right now.
Agreed, however I don't believe the players are listening to the coach anymore. Any resistance in any game is met with indifference. This falls on MacT's shoulders for hiring yet another rookie coach who wasn't ready for the NHL. It should be noted Buchberger and Smith should not have been retained. I will state the worst part is the players not sticking up for one another. One of the kids needs to be traded to send a message that this kind of b.s. is not going to be tolerated anymore.