View Single Post
Old
01-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Yeah, the price of moving up is ridiculous right now. What's scary though is that there are some GMs out there who are willing to pay that price to get the pick or player they want. Do I condone giving up that much to move up? Not a chance. If the asking price to move into the top five is a roster player, prospect and multiple picks, then yeah, I'd tell the other team to stuff it. At the same time, I can see why a team in the top five is going to ask for the moon if a team approaches them in terms of moving the pick.

I'll say this right now - Buffalo is going to be the team to watch at the draft. They could end up with two picks in the top five, depending on what happens in Long Island. If they do end up with two top five picks, they'll shop one of the picks like there's no tomorrow and it's possible the return is going to be off the chart stupid.
I believe the islanders' pick is top 10 protected or something like that. Plus that team has been very hot lately beating Tampa Bay, Colorado, Chicago and Boston in their last ten going 8-2. This is a lot bigger of a back to back set these weekend then I think a lot of flyers fans realize.