Thread: Speculation: Moulson on LA's Radar
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
sabrescupbound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
For. He won't get as much as Pominville but he'll get a first and a bit more. I don't even get why anyone thinks otherwise. A second rounder? Really? That's all. Every team in the hunt would be on speed dial fir something like that or its equivalent.
I'm quite getting the question here. He may get as good as a return for Pommers, but he probably won't. It matters on how many teams are interested would be my guess. But if 15 GM's were at the game against the Leafs, my guess is there are a lot of teams interested in Moulson. There for, the return may be better than even some Sabre fans are hoping for.

I mentioned in a different post about a 2nd and Toffoli not just a 2nd. I don't know if that's what you were referring to. I mentioned that because now your talking a great prospect and a 2nd. All the 1st and a meh prospect won't get Moulson I don't think. The 1st is going to be very late 1st in a bad draft. Last year this might have worked, this year, I doubt it. So if LA wanted to avoid a biding war, and wanted to get Moulson now to gel with the team earlier, Toffoli, and a 2nd would probably be the price.

Not to mention, everyone know's Moulson has ties in LA and would more than likely want to stay so the " he's just a rental" holds less value. Chances are, if he goes to LA he'll stay in LA. The LA's GM would probably be pretty confident that he'd stay to make any kind of deal anyway. So it's a trade off of having a impact player for the next 4-5 years or waiting to see if Toffoli becomes an impact player of Moulson's caliber in 3 or 4 years.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote