View Single Post
Old
01-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCharleschuk View Post
Well deployed sarcasm. Really required it there. Thanks.

So I guess you've decided that things haven't come together since the end of December. I guess you classify the games during this little run as the same as those games on the opening west coast trip or our first home stand. Odd.

Difference is, I think they have turned a major corner. I think you can look back at the past few games and you won't see those Grade A chances and because of the decrease in them you see the entire team playing better, starting in goal.
See I disagree. I think if you look at this little run, which is still far too brief to call turning a corner - c'mon, this is the rangers, what you'll see us phenomenal goaltending and Hank looking like the backbone he's been in previous seasons. The grade A chances are happening, he's just stopping them now. And the whole team isn't playing better. His many saves did Hank make the last two games against Tampa and Detroit only to receive one goal of support. And how about Tampa's second goal? Not a grade A chance yielded? But this same little run, which is just as easily a two game losing streak, despite Hank only allowing 2 goals between the 2 games, if not for Zucc getting a lucky fluke past Howard, is supposed to signify us turning the corner? This is why I'm still upset that we're looking ore like buyers than sellers. We're still the same weak, mediocre team.