View Single Post
Old
01-17-2014, 07:55 PM
belair

vCash: 500
Carried over from the Draft thread as it was buried pretty quickly with the surge of 'sky is falling' posts after last night's loss...

Quote:
Even though he played the Top Prospects Game last-night in Calgary, Aaron Ekblad was in the lineup for Barrie tonight in North Bay.

And this guy is the real deal. Effortless stride and an exceptional outlet pass. He's almost a certainty when wondering whether he's top-pairing guy in the NHL. He wasn't overly physical tonight, but doesn't shy away from it either. No points, but several good shots and he basically stepped on the ice whenever he wasn't tired.

We need to take him if available.

Brendan Lemieux had a solid game again for Barrie as well. Good skater, solid PKer and mouthy as ****, just like his dad. 2 assists tonight. I'm sure the Avs have got this guy tied down with their first or second pick, but he's a shoe-in for the first two rounds, guaranteed.

Also an interesting player, though a bit undersized, was Andrew Mangiapane. Was Lemieux's line-mate on the PK and buried a short-handed goal. The guy skates extremely well and plays a game reminiscent of a young Andrew Cogliano.
I'll do a few more of these as I get to see some other games this year.

I've also seen Kingston twice and Mississauga once. Sorry I didn't post those. But from what I remember, Sam Bennett didn't wow me at all and talk of him going #1 is preposterous. McKeown's alright but nothing compared to Ekblad. And Sean Day is still very raw.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote