View Single Post
Old
01-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer8 View Post
The look on the faces and body language says it all.
Hall, frustrated beyond belief.
Hopkins, in lala land
Eberle, seems to be tuned right out
Gagner, zipperhead here is clued right out, worse than he's ever been
Perron seems to be getting pissed off
Hemsky, playing the best hockey in 4 years so he gets traded out if this ****show
Gordon looks dumbfounded, like what the hell did I get myself into here
Smyth, his usual clued out self
Yakupov, totally lost his confidence, it's plain as day
The entire defence, WTF wasn't that your man?
Bryzgalov, throwing sticks.

Eakins has lost the room. He is grasping at straws now, MacT will stick with him out of sheer stubbornness.
I've said much of the same. Theres lots being communicated out there. Lets add that Smid and Dubnyk were communicating a great deal of frustration out there as well. Lets also note that it wasn't particularly appreciated by Eakins the times he's seen it. Bryz for instance seems to have lost standing with the org for communicating his displeasure on the ice. I think because it communicates too much that what Eller said is correct and that this is a gongshow.

As far as MacT its not just stubbornness its that MacT is culpable in the hire, that it was unnecessary in the first place, and that it was a bold move canning the previous coach (for no reason) and pinning the cart behind a coach with no experience. its a move that has absolutely blown up, exploded, and for MacT to fire Eakins at this point is firing himself by proxy. MacT has cornered himself here and its something I wondered about in offseason. What if this bold hire doesn't work? I really think MacT didn't even consider that.