View Single Post
01-18-2014, 10:54 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
How that is relevant to subject? Jagr scored more goals than Messier. So what?
Sorry if you missed my post, where I (admittedly, it was in intentional) tried to change the topic from the Richter v. Lundqvist pissing matches that were going on in this thread, and instead just decided to bring to light a major organizational accomplishment that Henrik was about to achieve (wins record)....FromTheSide pointed out another one (shutouts record).

But since you know, it is possible to admire and love Mike Richter (as I do), and admire and love Henrik at the same time (as I do). Even if you don't think that Henrik has been the better goalie or you think that Henrik does not have what it takes to win it all like Mike did (both points I believe you would be in the minority), I don't understand why you vehemently deny how fantastic Henrik has been over the course of his career to this point. Claim that he cannot win a Stanley Cup, or that he isn't as good as Richter was - fine. But at least join us and celebrate what he has accomplished - seven consecutive 30 win seasons, never finishing less than 6th in Vezina voting (and being a finalist 5 times), the Vezina trophy, the Gold Medal, shutouts in game 6 and 7 against Washington last year, his unbelievable performance in game 6 against Ottawa in 2012...

I want this team to win a cup more than anything, but I'm definitely not a "cup-or-bust" fan...I've taken a ton of enjoyment and pride in watching these teams and players over the last few years. You should try it, it makes watching hockey a much better experience.