View Single Post
Old
01-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Eakins is definitely a big part of the problem, but mostly, its the lineup. u can't compete in the NHL with half your team borderline NHLers and full on AHLers, and most of the real NHLers are under 25.

some posters point to player effort as a culprit. I blame management for this, aswell. The players have been waiting for management to improve the lineup for years now, and they still haven't. When your management group throws in the towel on the season at game 20, is it any wonder why the players seem to have done the same?

Will Eakins eventually work out? Who knows. There isn't a shred of evidence, at this point, that he will. Mact is still hoping, but he sure as h-ll doesn't 'know' he got the right coach.

From what I've seen, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if, by game 40 next year, when the season is lost, Mact will be firing Eakins. And we will get another presser where the same 3 people make all the same promises of hope and progress, and ask for patience, and argue that they are doing a good job. It should be comical.