View Single Post
Old
01-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

vCash: 500
If Buffalo decided to trade Biron, Satan, Drury and Zhitnik they would get much better return selling them off as individual assets in separate deals, methinks. They are not getting great return in that proposal.

While Demitra is a very good player, he is also making a fairly unwieldy chunk of change and can not do it all alone. This trade would denude the Sabres of depth in terms of talent, without even bringing in the prospects that are needed on the defensive end. I know that if I were Buffalo, I wouldn't want to make that exchange.

I'm not sure that St. Louis has the prospect depth anymore to make these kind of deals for elite veterans, on this scale... or at least the way this one is structured, do not appear willing to give up the necessary pieces. if I were Pleau I would be stocking up on picks and prospects, not the reverse, for one or two more seasons.

A deal between the two teams might work far better if it didn't involve quite that many players. Perhaps if St. Louis targeted any two of Biron, Satan, Drury and Zhitnik.