Thread: Player Discussion: Cam Talbot Appreciation
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

vCash: 500
Talbot brings a sense of confidence that it's awesome to have as a fan. If we've learned one harsh reality this year, it's that Hank isn't perfect. And I'm not throwing Hank under the bus here. Nobody is perfect. It's just nice to know that if Hank has a bad streak, we have a goalie that can take a couple of games. It's nice to know that if there's a back to back against two good teams, we have a goalie that can take any game. If Hank ever got banged up, we have a goalie that could keep our heads above water.

There's always been the horror question of "what if something happened to Hank?" I'm not too afraid of that with Talbot. And again, I'm not saying we'd be just fine if Hank got hurt for a whole season or if he had left in free agency. But say he missed two weeks, heaven forbid. We would sail above water with Talbot.

It's nice to have that extra layer.

If anything, if Talbot keeps up his play over a larger sample size, since Lundqvist is here to stay, we may be able to flip him in a trade for an asset we use every night. Which would also be awesome.

"We go again." -Steven Gerrard
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote