View Single Post
Old
01-29-2007, 09:54 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Some people are getting too crazy over these Forsberg rumors. I'll tell you right away that I am a big advocate for getting Forsberg because he's a gamer, he's a winner, and he has championships to back that up. I also believe he still have some left in the tank. He's still one of the best players in the world when he's healthy.

Ok now the problem is the cost. Let's face it there is no one out there better than Forsberg on the market to fill our HUGE second line center gap. No sorry Conroy won't do it and as most have been putting it he'd be a downgrade. I truely believe that the Rangers are one top notch center away from being a cup contender. I know some may not agree with that belief because hey the Rangers after finishing 4th in the conference last year are now fighting for the last spot in the conference this year so some may not have faith in this team right now. But I do. Not only would adding Forsberg give us more offensive on even strength, make our terrible PP better, and could be used in the shootout, he would give Shanny a real foward to play with. For awhile Shanny was hot hence which is why he made the all star team, however, he couldnt do it all himself forever and he eventually died down. My feeling is with the fact that Forsberg is indeed a risk with his injury problems that should give the Rangers and most teams leverage. Forsberg has a no trade clause which would knock some interested teams off the radar if he doesnt like them and with the rumors saying he'd waive it to go to the Rangers that gives the Rangers a little more leverage. I don't believe Sather and company are dumb enough to give up the future for this guy and Sather has found ways to make good trades without giving up his top prospects. So everyone should stop worrying about who the Rangers are gonna deal for him because I think it'll come down to Immonen, Helminen, Rachunek, and a 2nd round pick. The Flyers cant possibly ask for a lot considering his injury risks and the fact he can leave right after the season/playoffs.

Now with all that said the Rangers would still have some tools to work with if they want to look into acquiring a younger foward in either Nagy or Zherdev to play on that 2nd line. I know many will believe this unrealistic but I dont think it is. I think Sather could pull off acquiring Nagy and Forsberg. Nagy is still relatively young, the Rangers have cap space to re-sign him and if you add these two this team will take off.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote