View Single Post
Old
01-29-2007, 01:12 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
But I don't think being the type who goes end to end is a bad thing. I think Phaneuf is on the better team for sure, but I wouldn't call his style overly aggressive. I also don't think more is being asked of BO on defense. The guy Phaneuf plays for in Calgary is the type who demands a complete game from him. I think we're equating his ability to jump into the play with that it somehow has to equal a defensive deficency which is not the case here. Simply put that would not be tolerated on that team.

So the numbers are superior at a younger age, the physical aspects are better a younger age and and the defense is at least even. I still don't see it.

And one of the big key factors in this is at we're debating two guys with two years between them now, I don't see how that gap gets any closer as Phaneuf won't be to where Bo is until the year 2009.

At best it seems we can say that Bo is as good on defense as Phaneuf, despite being older and MAYBE if everything falls into place he MIGHT be as good offensivly. That still leaves out physical aspects, intimidation and where both players would be at the same age.

Phaneuf is no worse than slightly better than Bo at a younger age, that gap still looks to widen if we put them at the same age.
I agree, Phaneuf will be the better of the two. However, IMO there won't be much difference between the two. Phaneuf will always be the better hitter, but Bo is becoming very aggressive. Much more confident, he looks for hits now whereas as before he'd shy away from physical activity if he could. Bouwmeester has taken alot longer to develop than Phaneuf, so i don't think you will Phaneuf widden the gap that much. Bouwmeester is improving just as fast as Phaneuf is. His development was def not helped by being in the NHL and expected to play such a big role at a young age. All Bouwmeester needed was confidence, which he is now getting. The dude is shy as hell. Him and Phaneuf will undoubtly be Canada's two best Dmen in the future.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote