View Single Post
Old
01-18-2014, 11:18 PM
thevreelander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbeaver View Post
A honest answer is yes i do and ill tell you why. Medvescak has in general always been the underdog for anything, entering the EBEL, with the lowest budget gaining recognition in the league, and than getting into KHL, all in a span of 4 years. This is mostly due to the industriousness and positivity of the capable management. They are very good at makeing connections aswell. And also the fact that they found a niche where the club become interesting (NA player/style). That niche i think is something KHL would want to preserve. Also the club keeps growing and trying to be better. (and there are lots of things to improve still and create)
I mean the hindrance is more here in the Arena. It will need an investment to make a permanent ice but in the end it is in the interest of the club and the Arena to do it. One will have a home up to future KHL specs and the other a booked Arena and still be able to do all the things they usually do, concerts conferences, what ever. It will happen im pretty sure. Money will be found because it would be a long term solution for both.
As for DS, money that is going to be invested will be probably spread out to all the sport arenas in it, not just arena 1 where hockey is played. also most probably outside will be renovated and all the major hallways. Its not supposed to bring DS up to KHL future specs (it satisfies current specs as it was approved), but it will make the whole thing better.
The thing is the exact details of the renovation/reconstruction is unknown still. These are only logical assumptions.

I also want to point out they have a pretty decent NA following. Definitely the most popular KHL team on this side across the ocean. I hope they figure out Arena Zagreb.