View Single Post
Old
01-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Perfect_Drug

vCash: 500
I've tuned out of hockey completely since we were pretty much done in November.

Waste of an NHL CI subscription.

This is the first time I've felt this way after being a rabid fan since the first Islanders cup final.
I watch highlights, and come here to see some of the banter, but I've reached my limit as a fan.

I'm looking forward to the Olympics, and that's about it. Waiting for next year, or a few blockbuster trades, maybe a coaching change, or for someone to hit a milestone. I might tune into a game here or there but not as rabid as I was.

The problem is, there isn't any foreseeable hope for this team. This isn't a 'wait a couple of years and we'll be elite' sort of thing. We will be terrible for the next 5-6 years and foreseeable future unless the management changes, and we build a team from the net out.

Do you guys realise, this team is SO bad, that even if Hall, Nuge, and Yak become 100 point players, we still won't make the playoffs.

The Atlanta Thrashers/nu-Jets made the playoffs ONCE in the entire history of their franchise. We are on par with that franchise. Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Yak will all be traded in their UFA years near the deadline, without a taste of playoffs. And this is UNLESS they demand a trade out of town.

8 years from now, we will be comparable to the current Winnepeg Jets.

Do we really want to support this?

Last edited by Perfect_Drug: 01-19-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote