View Single Post
Old
01-19-2014, 12:38 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
You and glenn are both missing my point, which is we don't have the goaltending to allow ourselves to battle back from a early deficit successfully even with a herculean effort. It was clear to me the way we played the second that if we could hold colorado at three we had a decent chance of coming back and at least tying the game. The problem is we don't have a tender who can hold a team scoreless for 2+ periods reliably to allow the comeback. Even if Rinne had given up all three first period goals, once the team got going in front of him I feel pretty confident he could have held them off the rest of the game and given the guys a chance to tie it up
Even with Peks in net, after giving up three bad goals because of TEAM failures early the odds are slim that any goalie is going to hold the opposition to nothing. The TEAM put itself in a position where they needed perfection between the pipes for the last 48 minutes which is unrealistic. He lets in one bad goal, it's all his fault while the TEAM repeatedly failed in the defensive end resulting in far more than one goal.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote