View Single Post
01-19-2014, 11:45 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
I think that you guys are missing my point. I could really care less who won or lost the trade. The fact of the matter is there was always Dubnyk apologists in Edmonton blaming it on our horrible defense (which they are). But I am hearing some of the same comments here.
He is what he is, a mentally weak, large but bad positionally goaltender who consistently lets in backbreaking weak goals when the game is on the line. He loses a LOT more games for you then what he wins.
Maybe our goalie coach Mitch Korn can help Dubnyk with his positional problems. We're a team that develops goalies pretty well and Korn is the reason. Just watching and being around Rinne who is similar in size when he comes back could do Dubnyk a lot of good. He isn't any worse then the goalies we've had playing.

Hendricks isn't a bad player it is just that we've got other guys who do the same exact thing and the term of his contract was the problem as it was going to prevent some young guys from getting called up. It really is more about the fact that in the offseason Poile got 2 guys who do the exact same thing in Nystrom and Hendricks in free agency with long term contracts when we needed guys who can score. One was fine we didn't need 2 of them.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote