View Single Post
Old
01-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I don't disagree with you, but when its pretty clear your team doesn't give a **** about playing hard at 5 on 5 what else do you have?
Same thing he said in the offseason but hasn't practiced at all this year - buy in, play the system, or don't play at all. An accountability system of "I'll play you 20 minutes a game no matter what, but I might withhold a couple of powerplay minutes from you because I said I would to the media" isn't going to accomplish anything.

We've seen the top line benched for maybe 1 period this entire season, players make the same mistakes over and over again and get thrown out there anyways. Appealing to player's selfish need to pad their stats just highlights how unwilling Eakins is to make tougher decisions. Which of course has been readily apparent by his early season scratch of Smyth(because Smyth wouldn't get upset about it - Eakin's words), and scapegoating of Yakupov(the double standard is the major issue, not necessarily that Yakupov hasn't deserved benching).