Thread: Player Discussion: Rick Nash
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2014, 07:26 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Yawn. Wake me up when he scores more than one goal in one playoff run.
I've defended Nash a lot, but you know what, I don't even think he has been impressive the last 8. Quite mediocre in relation to his best stints last season for example, when he really lead the way during quite long stints.

But I don't know, I don't quite get what the point or purpose is with really scrutinize Nash like we are doing. We just cannot keep failing with every single direction we ever tries to go in. You know, we failed with the top picks in the draft approch, Brendl, Lundmark and Malhotra, next to the goalies, all failed. I wouldn't say that the Renney-crew failed, but we abandoned them after a few years. The Gomez, Drury, Redden crew failed in epic proportions. Gabby was frustrating. And so forth and so forth and so forth.

Ok, so Nash isn't going to step in and become a top 10 franchise player for us. What do we do about it? Nash isn't Kovalchuk, but Kovalchuk got like 65 pts for NJ and was a healthy scratch a few times for them, everyone tore him apart completely after his full year. Who was suprised when NJ got him to work the year after that? To some extent you make your own bed.

The "Wake me up when he scores more than one goal in one playoff run"-approach is kind of childish and annoying.

Last edited by Ola: 01-20-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote