Thread: Player Discussion: Vinny Lecavalier
View Single Post
01-20-2014, 08:38 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
It's not like the Flyers have a team chock full of those guys. And Vinny was the Flyers best forward for the first 10 or so games. Like others have speculated, I bet his injury is playing a big role in his current struggles.

And if it were up to me, he'd be on the first PP unit. I really don't understand why he's not.
When he got into that fight after the Emory scrap, they said that he had a laceration in his mouth or something... There is no doubt in my mind that he had a much worse injury than that... my guess is a broken jaw. The reason I believe that is that he wore a shield to protect his jaw for quite a while -- I think through his back injury -- How bad could a facial/mouth laceration be that would warrant such a shield? That is what is done for broken jaws... at least that was done with all the players that have broken a jaw in the past. For some reason, like maybe the one not tipping off the exact location of injuries -- upper/lower body injury -- to protect against targeting, they didn't let on. I honestly believe Vinny played hurt through that injury... He has to get some credit for that IMO.

Of course, I may be completely wrong on that assumption.