View Single Post
Old
01-30-2004, 01:21 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
First, I think you've gone way too far in trying to compare the 1992-3 with this year. As others have pointed out, we made the playoffs for the preceeding 4 years and in 1992-3 suffered through several major injuries (Leetch hurt a nerve in his shoulder and then broke his ankle soon after returning and Messier had a severe rib injury and tried to play through for half the season). However, as bad as it was that year hockey wise I had ABSOLUTELY no doubt that the Rangers would make the playoffs the next season--even before Keenan was hired.

Second, you seem to forget that Trottier was not the first coach Sather hired. And that every single player on the roster (except Lundmark) and the Hartford players who have played here his year were ALL either signed by Sather or brought here by a trade he made. Are you really suggesting that his only problem is that he didn't get the right coach?

Third, Sather has now coached for just about a year. His record is under .500 and if the league were going by the same system it used in the early 1990s would be worse because OT losses are no longer counted the same way. What's his excuse? That he didn't have the right players? That he didn't have the assistants he wanted? That his GM didn't listen to his imput? Or is it because the owner is too involved in managing day to day affairs of the organization or too cheap to follow his recommendations?

You may have hope but I don't even see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm not comparing the Rangers of 93' to today. The only reason why I brought that up was to prove a point about hope. Hope back then was to finally win a cup after 53 years of frustration. Hope now is to finally make the playoffs after 6 years of frustration.

Next point - I never said that Sather's ONLY mistake was the coach he chose, I said it was his BIGGEST mistake.

Third point - I never said that Sather was a good coach, on the contrary I think he has done an awful job as coach of the Rangers. I'm not pro Sather, I'm just pro New York Rangers.
I know this team has many issues, I'm not blind to that fact. But during these tough times I still have faith, I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know that eventually the Rangers will make the playoffs and will challenge in this league. And for all those who feel that we will not as long as Sather is running the ship, then I got this to say to you: eventually he will be gone if we keep loosing, so there is a light at the end of every tunnel.....it's all how you view it.