Old
01-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
The good moves were easy for me to list; let's see if I can remember all the bad ones, or if I have repressed some of the memories.

Free agent signings: Shelley, Jones extension, Leighton, Pronger extension (clearly messed up the 35+ rule), Streit (maybe; he's already too slow... 3 more years), Lecavalier (maybe; see Streit), Bryzgalov, Richards extension (that contract will be an annoyance for LA if they don't buy him out), Zherdev (it was only one year, but just didn't fit).

Trades: Bobrovsky, acquiring Eminger, Gagne for Walker, JVR for Schenn (probably)... honestly can't think of any more that really grind my gears. The Upshall trade would go in the loss column but it, on its own, wasn't a disaster; it was one of a series of moves resulting from amateurish cap management.

Miscellaneous: Cap management (specifically the year where the Flyers had to sign two players to ATO contracts to fill roster spots because they needed players and couldn't sign pros because it would violate the cap), allowing Lavi to start this season knowing that he was on a short leash (should have been fired in the off-season).

Looking at Billy's list after the fact and I think I covered all of his choices.
Don't forget paying a 1st to buy Versteeg high and sell him low. That was just a big bag of pointless.