View Single Post
Old
01-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Delicious Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
I think it's getting to the point where we can safely say that 4th overall would be the lowest we'll pick. Can't see us making any ground to do anything better than 3rd overall.

It's actually not a bad position considering from what I'm reading the draft is shaping into tears now and the first tier seems to be the four of Dal Colle, Bennet, Ekblad, Reinhart.

I don't claim to know who's better and I usually don't like defenseman early in the draft but that's mainly ones that don't put up points. Watching Ekblad at the world Juniors I came away more impressed than I expected with his offensive game.

Hopefully we can get Ekblad. After that whomever is left of the 4 that will for sure play center.
I'd take Bennett over Dal Colle. He plays the game with an edge whereas Dal Colle is a little soft for being 6'2" and has been playing the wing this year. I also think Bennett might be a better fit for the Oilers than Reinhart given his physicality. I'd rather they get Ekblad but failing that they should get a good player for #2C behind RNH, although whoever they pick would benefit from going back to junior.