View Single Post
Old
01-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind taking another goalie early this year in the second round. I like the two Americans at the top in Demko & Nedeljkovic.

I didn't think it was necessary last year with more glaring needs to be addressed over goaltending especially since we just spent a second rounder on a goalie a year prior to that. However I don't think there's a such thing as having too many good goaltending prospects in the system. I know people will say BPA but it seems like most teams draft by needs after the first anyway.
Drafting another goalie would be a good idea. IMO, I think a team should always draft 1 goalie every year and 3 defensemen. You have a significantly higher chance of hitting the lottery so to speak on getting a great defenseman and great goalie after the 2nd round than you do forward plus both of those positions have a high bust rate. Not only is it a numbers game but the value of late picks is in defensemen and goalies as you can get top 10 player there at their position but it is a true miracle getting a top 10 scorer after the top 50 let alone 2nd rd.