Thread: Confirmed with Link: Kevin Klein to NYR for Michael Del Zotto
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2014, 03:47 PM
weeze

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
The fact we traded a right hand shot for a lefty is a good thing and means Weber/Jones/Ellis will not be going anywhere. They will be our RHD's going forward on the 1-2-3 pairings respectively.

The left side of our D needed work and this is a huge improvement over what we were working with. It allows players to play on their natural side and that means more than most people realise.

While we do need a scoring forward this move will also improve our offense because you can't score if you can't get the puck out of your own zone. A puck moving lefty d-man will help a ton when it comes to getting the puck out oof our own end cleanly.
I agree! All of those people saying the sky is falling because we traded away our 2/3 line pairing RHD man are nuts! We needed a LHD man in the worst way. MDZ fits that bill! I liked KK as much as the next guy, and will still like him as a NYR but the Preds needed to make a move for a LHD men and made a good move. I still think Ellis can be packaged with someone to bring in a top 6, not top 3 but a good top 6.

Good move GMDP!

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote