View Single Post
Old
01-22-2014, 08:03 PM
plikestechno

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Dallas Eakins to the media today: "I firmly know that if I don't get this group going soon, it could be me"
I think this is one last gauntlet thrown down for the players. He's testing them to see if they'll actually play for him. He still thinks that he's doing nothing wrong and that this is all the players' fault. That coaching isn't the problem.

Lowe and MacT have too much ego to fire him after one year and Katz won't want to do the big payout for the remainder of the contract.

If things don't turn around I can see Eakins just walking out on the team. Happens all the time in other sports and staying here longer will only reduce his chances of getting another NHL job down the road. People in the East still love him and stick up for him and like him blame the team for being terrible, not the coach. He's already lashed out at fans, he's already lashed out at kids at his daughter's school for telling them that their dad sucks.

I pray that he quits on one hand, but I don't have faith in this management group finding the right coach on the other hand.

A man needs to come in and coach this team. A Quenneville, a Babcock, a Trotz. Maybe Babcock will finally get fired in Detroit and we could hire him. I'd even take Renney back as an assistant. So mad that Hitchcock was floating around forever and we didn't hire him.

But who knows if coaching will change anything, this organization is rotten to the core.