View Single Post
Old
01-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
I'll say it right now:

The team is not built to do anything exceptionally well.

Put Read on the first line, put Raffle on the third, do whatever is humanly possible to trade Vinny. Sell off Hartnell for some buku up and comers.

Coburn and Grossmann should be the only defensemen to return next year. You rebuild over the next year. Bring in a highly touted back up. Building a competent team cannot be so goddamned difficult.

And the worst part is the fact that the roster turnover that has occurred in the organization since the SCF has made the team worse, not better. Dare I say we are entering Rueben Amaro territory with Homer?

Edit - 1 other thing. I want one Barry Ashbee-esque player. He takes no ****, he's tough as nails, and he'll crack the skull of any mother****er in the locker room who is not giving 110% on every shift of every night. Is that too much to ask?
That's actually a pretty apt comparison. Except the Flyers didn't actually win the championship they just got the opportunity to and fell short because of goaltending. Homer is a little better but only because he keeps up the illusion of competitiveness with some good qualities. They've both taken a championship finals team, revamped it almost completely to the point where it's not really recognizable, and are much worse now after all is said and done.

For the record though, if Lecavalier gets traded off somehow (which he probably won't unless it gets dire) then Streit is probably coming back next season too. Signed long-term and I doubt Homer is going to want to trade both of his big free agent contracts so soon.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote