View Single Post
Old
01-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Look I'm not going to hide the fact that obviously this team would be better off if Giroux had a pure goal scorer along side him. But the fact of the matter is that the offence was putrid tonight. We all could count on one hand how many true scoring chances they had through 2 periods. Outside of a lucky bounce, they put up 0 goals through 2 and were extremely ineffective in the offensive zone. Having A pure shooter with Giroux out there wouldn't have changed a single thing. There weren't any situations where I thought "damn, if only we had (insert sniper here)". Giroux, like the whole team, provided very little on offence for the entire game. Having a Stamkos or a Ryan wouldn't haven't changed that, at least from the Giroux standpoint.
1 G, 1 A and neither of those points were fluky.

I'm curious, what is your expectation for enough offensive output? 3 points? Two goals?

There's a reason a forward roster contains 12 players and not just 1. This is why I don't get mad at Giroux if he gets pissed off after a game because there are people who will blame him regardless of circumstances or what he's doing literally just because he's the Captain and biggest name on the team.

EDIT: And having Stamkos instead of Raffl wouldn't have meant a chance at more production this game or over the course of the season? My God.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote