Old
01-31-2007, 08:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Sather also wasn't allowed by Dolan to run the team the way he wanted to until Dolan finally realized what he was doing wasn't working. When Sather was afforded that opportunity, it turned the franchise around.

How would you know that? He hasn't even been given a true chance on a team that isn't a steaming pile of crap. Niitty is a guy who has won at everything he's ever done and should and will get that opportunity here. Running around the league trying to find a #1 goalie no one wants to give up was never the answer, except when Clarke passed on Curtis Joseph.
1) I don't believe that for a second. Sather is one of most proud (arogant) people in the game. He left Edmonton because of meddling ownership. Are we really supposed to believe that the architect of one of the greatest dynasties in hockey history is taking orders from Jim Dolan on how to run a team?

2) I don't know that he's not the answer. It's my opinion. But the fact that he can't steal the starting job from Esche is not a good sign. It just seems that the Flyers are in the same rut of having a guy who is "good enough" in net (although I know this year is different) along the lines of Snow, Beezer, Boucher, Hacket, Cechmanek, Hextall, and Burke.