View Single Post
01-22-2014, 11:35 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TheMachiavelli View Post
Datsuyk is a far more skilled and better hockey player than Crosby. That is fact. Having the most points does not automatically make one the best player, some have different roles. It is also laughable to assume that Radulov or Semin are sub-par, when Radulov came back he was the best player offensively for Nashville. And even with the exclusion of Semin, who had a concussion, players like Tarasenko or Nichushkin will be better than the likes of Perry or Kunitz. As I said, the only Canadians who can compare to the skill of Russia's offence are Crosby, Toews, Stamkos and maybe Tavares.

Just to be in line with the thread, who will win gold? Well Bovada predicted Russia; I think it is not clear yet, but the final would most likely be between Sweden and Russia, and since Sweden has the best team heading into this tournament, I think they will win gold.

I mean seriously, look at just these two lines:

That is just borderline insane. There is no way that an argument can be made against the fact that Russia's offence is supreme going into this tournament.

That is even without the mention of Tarasenko or Nichushkin.
Regarding Datsyuk vs. Crosby... Defence is all good, but at the end of the day, someone needs to score points to win a match. You keep saying it's fact, but have no proof. You're not convincing anyone with a brain. It's not like we've never seen Ovechkin-Datsuyk-Semin, Kovalchuk-Malkin-Radulov before. they were there in 2010 no? How well did they fare against Canada? I mean with such superior skill sets, did they destroy the inferior Canadians?

Nichushkin who? The guy is only 18 years old. Is your prediction of him going to be better than Perry a fact? How can you be so sure? Are you god? Right now, Nichushkin is so good that he's tied at 10th place in scoring among rookies. There are 10 other rookies racking up more points. Maybe you should take a look at Nathan MacKinnon and witness a player closest to a sure thing.

1 Nathan MacKinnon Col 33
2t Tyler Johnson TB 30
2t Chris Kreider NYR 30
4 Mark Scheifele Wpg 28
5t Tomas Hertl SJ 25
5t Torey Krug Bos 25
5t Ondrej Palat TB 25
8t Aleksander Barkov Fla 24
8t Alex Chiasson Dal 24
10t Eric Gelinas NJ 22
10t Valeri Nichushkin Dal 22

Last edited by Canuck21t: 01-23-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Canuck21t is offline   Reply With Quote