View Single Post
Old
01-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
You're probably right, but he was pretty peeved tonight when he took a baby crosscheck to the lower back. Perhaps it's still bothering him a little? Maybe?

I think it's mostly him playing out his position and having no chemistry with his line mates. Though I won't absolve him of any blame, as he has not been playing very good and at times tries to do too much. I think he'll turn it around, though (at least I hope he does).
I think we are all underestimating what injury he was coming back from and how early he came back from it. It's his lower back, and a vertebrae to boot. It effects everything you do as a player, shooting, stick handling, skating. Since his fast "recovery" he looked slow out there, but he is still trying to do the things he does at full speed. Although the injury isn't anything to worry about now in the future, how do we know that it isn't 100%. We know we have seen better out of Vinny, and right now something is troubling him. Not just the lack of chemistry with teammates. Maybe it's mental, but more than likely I think it stems back to his back.

He has made strides in the past couple of games and has looked faster. Also to go along with what you said about Harrison hitting his back, he was pretty pissed for a simple check in the back. Probably a good indicator that it is still bothering him. It was a pretty serious injury.