View Single Post
Old
01-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I find this really awkward, because while Klein was a fairly reliable player, MDZ is very boom-or-bust. Either Nashville gets a massive, amazing steal of a return, or he makes us wish we had Blum back. I'm not sure which is going to be more likely, and I'm living in fear of the "disaster" option - particularly because there's already so much variable youth on the blueline as is. This to me says that Poile is thinking "rebuild".
I think the boom-bust aspect of Del Zotto is overstated. Most likely, what you're going to end up with is a 2nd pair defenseman who is decent defensively and puts up 35-45 points per season. In other words, not a steal, but not a bust. You traded a 2nd pair D for a 2nd pair D of a different aspect.

I think this is a good deal for both teams. I'm a Rangers fan first, but my second team is the Predators from when I lived in Nashville. I always liked Klein and am happy he's a Ranger. You guys are going to be pleasantly surprised by Del Zotto. Circumstances ended up pushing him out in NY, but he's a good player.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote