View Single Post
01-23-2014, 02:33 PM
C`est La Vie
vCash: 500
Any young wingers out there with potential that management isn't thrilled with? Maybe we'd be able to flip Luke Schenn for them...

I think that everyone has become too fixated on the need of a #1 dman. It's going to cost way too much to acquire one. The biggest problem isn't that we don't have a true #1, it's that we don't have any depth either.

3 of our 6 dmen are liabilities defensively, 2 of them have 0 puck skills. 4 of them have little to no offensive ability. It's much easier to overhaul the defense with good depth than it is to find 1 stud player.

I'd look to move Schenn, let Mez go, and let Timonen retire. If Timonen wants to stick it out again then it needs to be for like $2mil, not 6. Fill in the holes through FA and prospects.

They need to look to add a defesman that can skate and move the puck reasonably well but with limited offensive skills and solid defensive skills, like Coburn. Much easier to acquire than a number 1, and a definite upgrade. There's a few guys that fit that kind of mold in FA this year,

I'd look to add 2-3 guys via FA, and move L. Schenn+ for a winger. I think with Holmgren being as aggressive as he is the defense is fixable in one offseason if he looks at depth guys instead of trying to make the big splash. I'd like Girardi but he's probably going to get overpaid by a lot.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote