View Single Post
Old
01-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I couldn't possibly disagree more. Hartnell shouldn't be anywhere near the top line. He isn't even playing well, his points are just a result of Simmonds and Schenn playing really well. He's ruining more chances than he's creating too.
I disagree. Hartnell has been forechecking his ass off. Taking the body well down on the boards and is winning battles. That is what makes that 2nd line so effective, Hartnell and Simmonds were both winning board battles creating space. Hartnell has even been noticeable on the back check as well. He has 8 points in the last 7 and has only been trending up. You don't get lucky and put the puck in the net that much in those games. If that were to be true, I have no clue why Raffl still only has 15 points while playing with Giroux and Voracek. Hartsy has battled back and is back in the form Flyer fans like to see. Of course he still makes boneheaded plays like cross ice passes and such, but he isn't skilled. He is a banger, who has done his job very well the last 3-4 weeks.

I honestly think Hartnell is still getting hate because of the way he was playing early in the season. Then he was pathetic, now he is playing like a second liner again.