View Single Post
Old
01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
frozenrubber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I'm sorry, but I'd rather not see our management make the same mistakes it made for the last 10 years. Enough is enough. You say you want to build for the future, stand by your damn words, or don't say anything at all.
Let's get out of flowery cliches and talk specifics for once. No one here wants to sell the farm. This concept that the future is oh so very rosy and perfect as long as we don't interfere/"get in the way" of anyone in Hartford is nonsense.

If you would not be willing to move an Immonen, Girardi, or Pock to make this current team better, than we just can't see eye to eye.

This is just such a frustrating precedent. Ranger fans went from years of trying to do too much to this now sit on our hands and do nothing. Both strategies are complete failures.

I can't believe there is even such static about adding a sensibly priced addition to this team. Years of pathetic teams has produced such a gunshy and afraid fanbase.

This year's team is NOT a favorite as many believed in the offseason, but with a conservative move or two, they can make some damage. Selling this team short of that chance is just the same as selling off the future.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote